Directorate of Student Affairs
The Directorate of Student Affairs is to create a positive learning environment that fosters successful learning and personal development, both in and outside the campus. This office encourages students to achieve the objective of building a balanced personality.
The Directorate of Student Affairs, in collaboration with career development center of the University, provides educational opportunities, resources, and support to help students by promoting co-curricular activities to make their stay in the university a rich experience of multi-dimensional growth. The Directorate of Student Affairs of university is headed by Director Students Affairs. Deputy Director Students Affairs are also appointed for assistance of DSA at different campuses in Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar and Rahim Yar Khan campuses.
- The main objective of this wing is to maintain law and order situation over the campus and to provide conducive environments to the students for their studies besides provision of facilities and opportunities to take part in co-curricular, extra-curricular activities through Art and Literary Forum which includes Debating Club, Quiz Club, Art Club, Qirrat and Naat Club.
- The University has also established Tutorial Group System under the guidance of Senior Tutor office and to have close liaison with students. This system offers a platform to discover, enlighten and polish the hidden capabilities of the students.
- The students are also encouraged to initiate a positive and constructive activity that helps to improve their behavior and sharpens their intellect.
- Foreign students are being looked after by a Foreign Students Advisor working under the administrative control of the DSA. The Foreign Students Advisor arranges their meetings, Conduct elections of International Club (I.C), guide in day-to-day activities and help in solving their problems. To give them healthy atmosphere, the Foreign Students Advisor also arranges games and honour the students with prizes.
- Well renovated Canteen/Cafeteria for students (male/female) providing quality eatable items at cheaper rates to the students and staff.
- Pick and drop facility to non-boarders students of the University and study/recreational tours in general, for all the students of the University.
- Managing a General Store, Photostat consisting of binding, Mess and canteens, Tuck Shops, barber/parlor shops, to facilitate the students for shopping on marginal rates.
- Provide financial assistance to needy students. The Directorate of Students Affairs had provided financial assistance to maximum needy students of the University.
- Installation of “Information Desk” at the time of new admissions in front of the Registrar office (Abbasia campus)to facilitate the newcomers seeking admission at undergraduate/postgraduate classes in the University.
- The Directorate also arranges a seminar/lecture on “Career Counseling and Jobs Opportunities” through different Agencies for the University students and intending candidates, during the year, in collaboration with Career Development Centre.