In pursuance of the directive of Government of Pakistan, Seerat Chair was established in the University in 1987 with the following aims and objectives.
1. Research on Seerat of the Prophet (PBUH) and Hadith.
2. A critical study of the objections raised by the Orientalists.
3. Collection and preservation of rare manuscripts on Seerat.
4. Acquisition of authentic publications on Seerat in different languages.
5. Indexing of books on Seerat.
6. Analytical study of the works on Seerat produced nationally and internationally.
7. Organizing Conferences, Seminars and Extension lectures on Seerat.
8. Establishing co-ordination and collaboration between individuals and institutions engaged in research on Seerat.
9. Review of the current Syllabi and courses of studies at different levels with reference to Seerat.
10. Holding of declamations, contests and essay writing competitions on Seerat among students.
1. Organized four International Seerat Conferences in 2000, 2004, 2007 and 2010.
2. National Quran Conference was organized in 2008.
3. Established a specialized library having a collection of 3000 rare books on Seerat and Hadith.
4. Published twelve books on Seerat.
5. Published Maqalat e Seerat of International Seerat Conferences of 2000 (two editions) & 2007.
6. Organized Khutbat e Seerat, series of lectures by Sayyed Salman Nadvi from South Africa held on 12-18 January 2009.