Quality Enhancement Cell
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur has established its Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) for the purpose of Quality Promotion in Higher Education, Capacity Development, Educational Program Assessment, Departmental Reviews and Program Accreditation.
QEC is responsible for the followings:
- Annual evaluation including program, faculty and student's perception.
- Quality assurance of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
- Review of Subjects, departmental and intuitional assessment.
- Review of quality standards of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- Review of academic affiliations and develop qualification framework.
- Develop program specifications and quality assurance processes.
- Develop and evaluate department, employer and institutional assessment.
- To maintain standards of teaching and research in each subject area.
- To develop qualification frameworks and program specifications to determine.
- What knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- To develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that standards of awards are being maintained.
- To promote curriculum, subject and staff development together with research and other scholarly activities.
- To develop procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of programs, faculty and students’ perception.
Quality Assurance Reforms & Achievements
QEC not only strives for implementing Quality Assurance measures but also introducing Quality Enhancement measures at IUB
- Self-Assessment Reports (SARs)
- Teachers Training & Development
- Teacher Evaluation
- Program Evaluation
- Program Review by Academic Audit Committee
- Mentor System
- Teachers’ Portfolios
- Students’ Portfolios
The QEC encourages the stakeholders to identify the loopholes and recommend good practices in transferring knowledge and establishing new destinations for emerging challenges in higher education. At the same time, the academic process and sense of accountability has begun to improve among the following
- University Management