- √ The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is to be headed by a Director QEC/ Dean reporting directly to Vice Chancellor/Rector.
- √ QEC is responsible for
- √ Promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- √ The review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- √ The review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- √ Defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from the candidates.
- √ Development of qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M. Phil., Doctoral.
- √ Development of program specifications. These are standards set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes which a student will have to develop on successfully completing a specific program.
- √ Development of quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- √ Ensuring that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- √ Approval of new program
- √ Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions
- √ Departmental review
- √ Student feedback
- √ Employer feedback
- √ Quality assurance of Master’s, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
- √ Subject review
- √ Institutional assessment
- √ Program specifications
- √ Qualification framework